Established in 1926 CCS (Community Council for Somerset) serves the whole of Somerset with a range of personalised support and services for vulnerable individuals and communities (often in rural and isolated areas). Our extensive range of services includes:
- Village, Community and Carers Agents, who provide practical support for anyone, of any age with anything they need help with. This includes specialist Mental Health Village Agents in West Somerset and Sedgemoor.
- Capacity building and specialist support for marginalised black and minority ethnic communities.
- Support for Social and Community Enterprise, including our Community Micro-enterprise Programme to enable people wanting to set up as micro-providers of personalised services to people needing social care and support.
- Support for communities to establish Good Neighbour volunteering schemes.
- Support (including financial help) for people in fuel poverty or facing personal crises.