Engage Voluntary Sector Development
Engage is a charity whose aim is to support the development of vibrant, effective and influential voluntary and community sectors in West Somerset and in Taunton Deane by providing a range of services:
- Operating local Volunteer Centres to bring together organisations offering volunteering opportunities and members of our community seeking to offer their time/expertise.
- Co-ordinating the West Somerset Voluntary Sector Forum meetings, opportunities for voluntary groups to meet, receive briefings and discuss matters of mutual interest.
- Acting as a voice for the voluntary and community sectors.
- Providing advice and support on setting up and running charities.
- Advising on potential funding sources and on preparing funding applications.
- Establishing projects to respond to local needs – for example, in West Somerset, Engage runs a recycling service for good quality used furniture, making it available at discount prices to low-income individuals/families.