2021 Mental Health Awareness Training
Affordable Mental Health Awareness training for Somerset charities
The challenges of the past year have had an impact on everybody's sense of mental wellbeing, so it's really important to be able to recognise when somebody is struggling, understand how to support them, and have open, honest conversations about mental health.
Later this month, voluntary sector support charity, Spark Somerset, will be hosting a half-day training Mental Health Awareness training session for VCSE staff and volunteers in Somerset. Led by qualified Mental Health Instructor, Kay Morgan, it will include:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- An overview of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- How to help someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive:
- A certificate to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to when you need it
- A workbook which includes a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Takes place on Thursday 29th April at 9:30am. Tickets cost £20 per person.
Visit Spark Somerset's website for further information and to book a space.